There are somethings you hope for in life, a nice job, a nice quiet place to live where you feel safe from harm and above a good health. And it’s in that latter that things are seemingly going horribly awry. A couple of weeks I had a stinking cold, which seemed to coincide with the height of flu/cold going around. So with everything over and all, I thought that would be the last of it. Turns out it could not be further from the truth and the cold is back with a vengeance, bah.
As you can see I am feeling rather suitably sorry for myself tonight. But being under the weather is at least a little bit of an excuse. I just completely lost my train of thought here, so it took me a good five minutes to figure out what I had a good excuse for. But yes, I have an excuse for feeling a little bit sorry.
I like to remind everyone that this month is the March Bloggers Q&A month, so feel free to leave any questions that you want to ask. If you ask me questions over email or in-world, please be aware to actually note which one you want for the blog. Since people tend to ask me a lot of questions, sometimes it does get a bit confusing what people mean, and I hate to be rude to not answer their questions until a week or so later. So start asking people!
To star the questions of, I actually found several on Strawberry Singh’s blogging challenge page. I was looking for something light and easy to blog about and I found two. This week will be the first edition, called “Have you ever SecondLifed”, and I will keep the 20 personal questions for another time when despair, ill health or lack of inspections strikes me.
So let’s get started and see if I have ever …. Second Lifed.
If you want to partake as per usual in the meme, add your answers at the bottom in a comment or write your own blogpost and give me the link so I can read this as well, because I am curious like that.
1. Have you ever owned a sim in Second Life? No, not a sim. We did briefly look at getting a homestead back when our old place vanished because the sim was disbanded, but it’s quite a huge investment every month. At the moment, we have 1/16th of a sim, a nice little corner which we are more then happy with.
2. Have you ever created content in Second Life? I have created a few things in my time, even sold a few things, mostly my variation of the ring of O. But with the retirement of the SL merchants boxes I have decided to withdraw my items from the marketplace for now.
3. Have you ever driven a vehicle in Second Life? I have, I own a little motor cycle and some planes. I will not say that my driving is the best but it is sometimes fun to go with friends and find a decent sim that allows racing. The biggest drawback of all those kind of activities, including sailing is that sim crossings remain incredibly bumpy and laggy.
4. Have you ever gone sky diving in Second Life? Yes, I have, I love sky diving in Second Life, something I can do more easy then in real life. My biggest achievement so far is jumping into a sim from 4000 feet, free falling and gliding into a castle through a very narrow opening between a tower and doorway, culminating into landing right into a crowd in the main hall, it was pretty spectacular (okay, granted, not something you can do in real life, but hey, you go to make it work when you can).
5. Have you ever played a sport in Second Life? Does pony play and dressage count? Otherwise it is not something that I have really engaged in. I have, come to think of it done water sports. No, not those you perverts! I mean, sailing, wind surfing, kayaking. Those were rather fun. I have great memories exploring the Blake Sea with Vanni and Sassara, not to mention going sailing with Velicia.
6. Have you ever gone clubbing in Second Life? Yes, I have. In fact my elder sis, Vanni runs a club and events in Second Life which I went to regularly. For some reason, although my curfew has to answer for some of that, I haven’t been to one of her events in absolute ages. I do miss them, they used to be a great fun.
7. Have you ever fangirled/fanboyed someone in Second Life? I totally have yes. I remember running into Marine for the first time (I had some prior contact with her before that) but I was pretty much star struck (don’t tell her). I think had quite the same reaction when meeting Dari as well, even more because she was a neko and had a same weird sense of humour, so it made it rather funny. Anyway …. *coughs*
8. Have you ever taken a picture of your avatar in water in Second Life? I am actually not sure if I have. I don’t think so. I may have taken a very early picture of me as a mer-kitten. But nothing recently that involved me, water and a lot better settings. Maybe at some point I will have a look seeing if I can Incorporate water as a theme.
9. Have you ever taken a picture of a sunset in Second Life? Yes, several in fact. The problem is sunsets are nice, but they don’t quite stack up against the real thing. Maybe with the settings on ultra, the right shadows and a good angle to make a nice composition. Again, something that may come to be in the future.
10. Have you ever taken a nude picture of your avatar in Second Life? Yes, I have, I have even posted here on my blog. Two different sets actually. I posted the first in my naked butt meme and the second set for my digits picture, although I can’t quite remember if I did that one stark naked or I was wearing lingerie. I know the “naked butt nice” was me stark, but artistically done.
11. Have you ever dated in Second Life? I have had several dates in Second Life. If they are well thought out and well done they can be incredible fun and romantic to do. For example, I love to be taken dancing. At least it gives me a chance to dress up for something nice!
12. Have you ever had or attended a wedding in Second Life? Both! I was married for a while to Thalia but real life being real life interfered and we parted on good terms. She is still one of my closest and most trusted friends in Second Life even though she seems to have a deep hunkering to tie me up and gag me. I am not sure what that says about us. But yes, we had our own wedding and collaring, attended by all our close friends. It was marvellous.
I have also been and attended several weddings, from friends and acquaintances in Second Life, they are wonderful affairs as it is always nice to see people taking the road to happiness even in a world where there is so much distraction and other temptations.
13. Have you ever drank, smoked or taken drugs in Second Life? I plead the fifth here, mostly because the truth would seriously inconvenience me. But okay, as promised I would answer the questions truthfully. Yes, I have had drinks, I have smoked (especially catnipped) and taken drugs (does catnip count). However Second Life being second life, that does not affect me nearly as much as you would think. The only drugs that affected me were designed to do that (RLV/knockout roleplay). But okay, I think everyone in Second Life has done something quite similar, so nothing really spectacular to see here.
14. Have you ever engaged in sexual activity in Second Life? Yes, I could try and deny the truth here but the fact that my life in Second Life revolves around BDSM, it is a reasonable assumption to make. Even though that most BDSM while sexual in nature, does not need to encompass explicit sexual acts, yes BDSM does get me turned on and can be, or is, sexual. As for vanilla sexual activity? No, that really is not my cup of tea.
15. Have you ever been to Bukkake Bliss in Second Life? I can not honestly remember if I have been there or not, but considering .. I am sure it is a safe bet that everyone may have been there at some point. Oh okay, so I remembered that my logfiles actually keep information of where I have been in the past. A quick look showed me, that apparently I have been there in 2012. I must say, I can’t remember, so I may have legged it out there as soon as I landed.
Wow, that wrote rather quickly and a fair amount too. I am glad I pushed through this. As I have often remarked, while I may not always like the process of writing, I do like and feel accomplished when I am done. Especially when my life is stressful I feel really good that despite everything, or perhaps in spite of everything, I still managed to sit down and focus on getting this done.
So I am going to get this ready and post on my blog (I have a habit of writing offline, a lot less chance of wordpress or so logging you out in the middle of it all, and loosing all your work). For everyone reading, again, feel free to ask me any questions you can think off and I will get around to answering them all as soon as I can.
I wish you all a wonderful Sunday and until next week!!
Stay safe, have fun, be good!